POP SSL Email Setup
To use POP SSL (Encrypted) Email on our servers, please follow the instructions provided below. Instructions are for Outlook 2003, but will work for other versions of Outlook. If you use another email client, use the same settings, you just won’t be able to follow the pictures provided.
1. In Outlook, Select Email Accounts under the Tools Menu.
2. This should show the following screen:
3. Select Add a new e-mail account and click on the Next button.
4. On the Server Type screen, select POP3 and click on the Next Button.
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings screen, enter the following:
In User Information enter YOUR name and YOUR email address.
In Server Information, enter surge.jtmweb.com for both POP3 and SMTP.
In Logon Information User Name enter YOUR complete email address.
Enter your Password and check the Remember Password box.
6. Next, click the More Settings button. Do not click the Test Account Settings yet.
6. Under the General Tab, enter your Email Address as shown, then click on the Outgoing Server Tab.
7. Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box and select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server button. Next, click on the Advanced Tab.
8. Under Server Port Numbers
Set the Incoming server (POP3): to 995, check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Set the Outcoming server (SMTP): to 465, check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Check Leave a copy of the message on the server box and Remove from server after. Then select a number of days to keep the messages on the server. We recommend from 3 to 10 days.
Next, click OK.
9. You can now test your setup. Click on the Test Account Settings… button. This will take a minute, but should complete with a message ‘Congratulations! All tests completed successfully. Click close to continue’.
Close the message, click the Next & Finish buttons, your all done.
If you have any problems, feel free to contact us for help.